Provide multiple ways for users to locate and navigate content.
Table of Contents
Success Criterion 2.4.5 Multiple Ways (Level AA): More than one way is available to locate a Web page within a set of Web pages except where the Web Page is the result of, or a step in, a process.
Why is it required?
People navigate web pages in different ways. For example, people with visual impairments will find it easier to navigate to the desired information on the web page through the search option.
Similarly, people with cognitive disabilities may prefer navigating through the table of contents or site map rather than going through several web pages.
Therefore, to make it accessible to all users, multiple ways should be provided for users to reach their desired web page.
How do we fix it?
- Provide links that help users to navigate to related pages
- Include a table of contents on your web page
- Add a sitemap page that has links to all pages on your website
- Provide a search function for all web pages ( just add it to the header of your website)
- Maintain a clear and consistent navigation menu throughout your website.